Best Car Insurance for a Subaru Crosstrek (2022)
How much you pay for Subaru Crosstrek insurance depends on several factors, including your age, driving record, geographic location, and the vehicle's age and safety features. Subaru Crosstrek average insurance rates are $110 a month, but are significantly higher for teens.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 29, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about car insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything car insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by car insurance experts.
- Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates are lower than other cars in its class because of its safety rating and features
- The Subaru Crosstrek average insurance rates are $1,320 per year or $110 per month, but your rates may be higher or lower depending on numerous factors
- Subaru Crosstrek Car insurance discounts can save you money on your rates
When you purchased your new Subaru Crosstrek, you might have been drawn to its outdoorsy appeal and functionality, but now you need to find insurance that provides the right coverage for you. Finding the right Subaru Crosstrek insurance at a reasonable price isn’t an easy task, but we’re here to help you find the best policy for your situation and vehicle.
We’ve done some research on rates for the Crosstrek, so you know what to expect when you begin shopping around. We also cover what factors impact how much you pay. Once you have the information you need, you can look for coverage that suits you.
How much is Subaru Crosstrek car insurance?
Your new car has a lot going for it. It has great fuel efficiency for this vehicle class, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gives it an overall 5-star safety rating for 2022. Many of its safety features may lower your insurance rates compared to similarly priced cars, including:
- Front, back, and side airbags on the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle
- Disc brakes and anti-lock brake system for all four wheels
- Brake assist, traction control, and electronic stability control
- Lane departure warning and lane-keeping assist
- Daytime running lights
- Child safety locks
Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates average $1,320 per year and $110 per month. The lowest rates are for drivers who only purchase liability insurance, with average monthly rates of $44 and annual rates of $529. Teenage drivers pay the highest rates at $4,825 per year or $402 monthly.
Factors That Affect Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Cost
While the Subaru Crosstrek cost of insurance is around $1,320 on average, the rates any individual pays vary. Your rates may be higher or lower than the average. Several factors affect the price of insurance on a Subaru Crosstrek, including:
- Driver’s age. The driver’s age plays a prominent role in how much the insurance company charges for coverage. Teen drivers have higher rates than any other age category.
- Driving record. Drivers with a clean record pay lower rates than those with accidents and moving violations on their records, even when they are the same age.
- Credit rating. While California, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Utah prohibit factoring credit ratings into car insurance rates, it’s allowed in every other state. Those with dings on their credit may pay a bit more for coverage.
- Car year. The year your car was made impacts how much you pay for insurance. In general, you can expect to pay lower rates for older models, as the car’s value depreciates over time.
- Location. Where you live figures into the cost to insure your vehicle. Urban areas tend to have higher rates than rural. However, different geographic regions also vary. Insuring your Crosstrek costs more in Los Angeles than in Chicago, for instance.
- Vehicle safety ratings. Here, the Subaru Crosstrek does well, with its long-term 5-star overall safety rating. It costs less to insure this vehicle than cars in the same class with lower safety ratings.
- Discount eligibility. If you’re eligible for discounts, you can save a significant amount on your insurance rates.
It’s essential to shop around and compare car insurance companies. Insurance companies can have different policy limits, exclusions, deductibles, and rates. You may want to check in a few times a year, as companies change their rates frequently, and sometimes they offer special rates to customers who switch from another company.
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Rates by Age
Car insurance rates vary significantly by age. How old you are is one of the most significant factors affecting how much you pay, and it’s one you can’t do anything about. In general, young drivers’ auto insurance costs more, and rates go down as you reach each decade.
The most considerable reduction in rates occurs when drivers move from teenagers to their 20s, with an average decrease of $1,833 per year. Another substantial reduction occurs when a driver moves out of their 20s and into their 30s, decreasing on average by $1,614 per year. For each of the following decades, rate reductions are much lower.
How can you save money on your Subaru Crosstrek insurance?
Insurance companies almost always offer discounts to reduce the cost of car insurance rates. You should be eligible for discounts based on your vehicle’s safety features, as the Subaru Crosstrek comes equipped with several. The discounts available from car insurance companies can vary, but common options include:
- Good driver
- Defensive driving course
- Safe driving
- Good student
- Student away from home
- Paperless billing
As you shop around for your insurance, it pays to seek out companies that offer multiple discounts you qualify for.
You can also save money on your car insurance when choosing higher deductibles. However, it’s important to remember that if you must file a claim, you will have higher out-of-pocket expenses. If you prefer higher deductibles, you may want to consider setting aside cash to cover the deductible so that it’s there if you need it.
Find the Best Subaru Crosstrek Insurance
Finding the right Subaru Crosstrek insurance for you is easier when you know what to expect and can use that information to compare rates. Though the Subaru Crosstrek’s average insurance rates are $1,320 per year and $110 per month, your rates depend on several personal and vehicle factors. Taking advantage of discounts and comparing companies can save you money on your car insurance.