Best Car Insurance for an Audi R8
Audi R8 car insurance rates are among the highest for high-value vehicles. Additionally, any factors affect rates, with the age of both the driver and the vehicle being the most dominant. However, shopping quotes online through a single source allows you the opportunity to find the right insurance company and R8 Audi insurance policy to fit your needs.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about car insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything car insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by car insurance experts.
- The average Audi R8 insurance rate is $2,488 a year for comprehensive, liability, and collision coverage
- The key factors affecting insurance rates are the vehicle’s age and safety features and the driver’s age, location, and driving record
- There are many discounts available based on driver activity and specifics about the vehicle
Searching for Audi R8 insurance is often a tedious task. The carrier and model of your car, along with several other factors, greatly affect insurance rates, and Audi R8 owners know that high-value cars can be expensive to insure.
Shopping for quotes is necessary to find the best deals. That is why we made it easy for you to get insurance quotes from all the top companies in one place.
In this article, we will provide rates according to age and outline all the factors that affect the cost of insurance. We’ll also help you find and understand the available monthly and annual discounts.
How much does Audi R8 insurance cost?
The average cost of full-coverage R8 Audi insurance is $2,488 annually, which amounts to $207 monthly, but companies consider several factors when calculating a quote.
The average full coverage policy includes comprehensive, collision, and liability in the following amounts:
- Comprehensive. $594
- Collision. $1,338
- Liability. $398
Compared to the average rates for vehicles of similar value, such as the Porsche 911 or the Chevrolet Camaro, the cost of Audi R8 insurance is higher.
The chart below lists five top companies providing more than $191 million in coverage to Audi R8 drivers combined.
Average Annual Audi R8 Insurance Rates for the Top Companies
|Company||Average Annual Rates|
Companies are listed in order by the volume of Audi R8 coverage. For example, State Farm has the highest market share, with more than $65 million in coverage provided to Audi R8 drivers. On the other hand, nationwide has the lowest volume on the list, with more than $18 million provided.
Factors That Affect Audi R8 Insurance Rates
Five key factors affect the price of car insurance for your Audi R8:
- Vehicle age. Overall, older vehicle models are less expensive to insure. On average, there is a difference of roughly $1,000 in insurance cost between models from 2010 and models from 2022.
- Driver’s location. Where you live affects car insurance rates because accident risks are more significant in areas like more congested cities.
- Driver history of accidents and violations. Driving provides insurers with a more accurate risk assessment. More violations and at-fault accidents equal greater risk. In addition, younger drivers with violations may see a higher jump than in rates than older adults.
- Vehicle safety features. Newer models typically have more safety features, but all Audi R8s include dual airbags, lap and shoulder seat belts, and electronic stability control. Additional safety features may lower your rates.
- Driver age. Younger drivers almost always have more expensive insurance rates. Age and insurance rates tend to trend in opposite directions. For the most part, the older you get, the more your insurance rate decreases as long as you maintain a clean driving record.
- Low mileage. In general, the less time you spend on the road, the less risk you present to insurers.
Each of these individually and combined affect the total cost of car insurance, but every factor is reaccessed as needed.
Other Factors That Affect Car Insurance Rates
Insurers often create a well-rounded profile of a driver as means to assess risk. Some other factors they consider outside of age, location, and driving record, include:
- Marital status. Proven to affect driving record. Married drivers statistically have fewer accidents and violations.
- Credit history. Provides insight into the driver’s reliability, but not all states allow insurance companies to access credit history.
- Gender. Age tends to trend in parallel with driving records. For example, young males have more accidents than any other demographic, and males aged 45 and older have fewer accidents than others.
Additionally, state requirements affect rates because some states have minimum insurance coverage requirements in addition to federal requirements for drivers. Some also require personal injury protection in addition to liability.
Consider your state’s minimum insurance requirements as you shop around for quotes.
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Audi R8 Insurance Rates by Age
|Age Range||Average Annual Rate|
|Drivers Age 20-30||$5,640 – $2,597|
|Drivers Age 30-40||$2,597 – $2,488|
|Drivers Age 40-50||$2,488 – $2,269|
|Drivers Age 50-60||$2,269 – $2,222|
Age is a defining factor in car insurance risk assessments. High-value vehicles, such as the Audi R8, present a greater risk for insurers when driven by young drivers. In general, teen drivers have the highest rates, with a significant drop around the age of 40.
Available Discounts for Audi R8 Drivers
There are many discounts available to drivers. Some are general and based on driver activity while others are specific to the type of vehicle. Some common examples of auto insurance discounts include:
- Safe or good driver discount. Provided to drivers that go a set number of years without at-fault accidents or moving violations
- Defensive driver class discount. Offers a percentage of rate decrease to drivers that take a defensive driver course
- Good student discount. Student driver discounts available to to teens who present good grades
- Low mileage discount. Available to drivers who maintain a minimum amount of miles traveled every year
- Anti-theft discount. Available through comprehensive coverage for vehicles with anti-theft devices
- Policy bundling discount. Awarded to policyholders that purchase multiple policies, including car, homeowners, renters, boat, or others provided by the company
- Multiple vehicle discount. Available to drivers that insure more than one vehicle with the same company
Most discounts are designed to help retain customers. Many companies offer incentives that increase in value over time, and almost all provide standard discounts such as paperless billing or automated payments.
Get Audi R8 Insurance Quotes Today
Finding affordable car insurance does not have to be a difficult process. You have many resources available to you online to help you find a company that meets your needs and policies with adequate coverage.
After reviewing this in-depth article, you should feel confident exploring the options for car insurance. Additionally, you should be able to navigate the saving opportunities available to your demographic.